Friday, June 15, 2007

1st Birthday Party


Sorry for the long delay between posts. The Birthday Party last weekend really wiped me out. I'm still waiting to get some pictures back from people, so I'll post some as soon as I get them. I took some video at the party, but no still shots.




We had a great time - thanks to everyone who came. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I heard the food was great! :) I hope everyone got some of Darryl's orzo pasta salad, Sherri's deviled eggs, my mom's fruit salad, Roberta brought chow mein, not to mention the hamburgers and hot dogs that yours truly cooked up. I know I was practically stuffed by the end of the day. Oh, and I'm sorry we didn't have time to cut and hand out the cake. We'll give everyone double at next year's party. Speaking of, next year June 10th will be on a Tuesday, so I'm not sure if we'll have the party the weekend before or after (I leave that kind of planning up to Sarah). We'll make sure everyone knows.

It took three days for us to get the car unloaded! I know Sarah and Sherri catalogued all the gifts so we know who gave us what. So far, I've seen a wonderful tea set from Nicole, a great kid-sized pool and pool toys from Gary for the backyard, I know Darryl got the girls some US Bonds (those will go into their college fund), we got some great toys to help them learn to walk, and so much more I cannot begin to list them all.

By the way, I wanted to send a special acknowledgement to Eric and Danielle French. They have given us toys, clothes, advice, and all kinds of great help throughout. I owe them a lot!