Friday, June 15, 2007

Sleeping Beauties

This morning I got up early (like 3:00 AM early) because the twins woke up together and it took some coaxing to get them back to sleep. Long story short, around 6:00 AM I was heading back to bed (the girls were asleep with Mommy in our big bed) and I paused for a moment to take in one of the most beautiful sites ever. My family was all asleep in our bed. Ella was on the left, Sarah in the middle, and Emily on the right. What a site! All asleep, all like angels. For me, a new father, this still takes my breath away. I don't know how long I'll be able to see this kind of thing - before I know it the girls will be grown and not sleeping with us. And most days, if I do wake up early to help with the twins, I'm too tired to appreciate a moment as precious as the one I saw. So this is doubly-special because it is the Friday before Father's Day and I just had one of my best memories ever.