Saturday, June 16, 2007

FIRST WALK!!

Well, we have another major milestone. Ella took a first one or two steps on her own last night, and Emily did it today. Now, when I say "on her own," I mean that Sarah and I were basically surrounding them with our arms, encouraging them, etc. We held their hands to start them walking, and then as we got near the couch or the chair, or the other parent, we'd let go. Most of the time, they either stopped moving their feet and leaned forward, or they just sat right down, but at least once they both took steps on their own!

Also today, almost as exciting, Sarah and I were watching "Walk the Line" - the Johnny Cash bio pic - and we danced with both girls to some of the music. And then at one point, I started snapping to the music, and Ella imitated the motion that my arm made every time I snapped. It was fantastic. First time I've snapped around her, and she displayed it back right away! I'm loving this whole fatherhood thing. What a good weekend!