Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today was a good day

Went to visit Dad in Sacramento. Left around 10:15 and got back about 4:00. Although, to be fair an hour of that was spent at Costco on my way home. Dad and I didn't go for a bike ride like I thought we might, but it was still good. It's always good when I get to hang with my dad. We went to the Natural Foods Co-op for lunch then to his house. There he puttered around a bit, took a 10-15 minute catnap and then we headed back to the Alzheimer's home. It's a little weird leaving him there, but that's my own insecurity - not anything he does. When I got home, relaxed for 45 mins while the girls painted, then all of us went outside to the backyard. Besides the fact that we were all out there together, what made it extra great is that I finally finished a project I have been waiting to complete for a long time. I had to complete a drain on the back hill (I think it is called a French drain). I knew I would have to do it last December, and I sort of got started (bought the pipes) two months ago. Those pipes have been an eye-sore in the BY since then. I finally got to digging the trench and burying it over the last three days. Now it looks better than ever!

Tomorrow is more outdoor chores, and I hope we dig some holes on the hill to plant later this month.

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous