Friday, October 29, 2010

Good day today

Family and I got our flu shots this afternoon. It was the least painful shot I can remember. It's not usually the shot itself that hurts. It's usually the soreness in my arm that lingers. But not this time. Easy shot, no soreness. Sarah, on the other hand, yikes! Her poor arm has been sore all afternoon and through dinner. And for whatever reason, Emily decided that she would pat Mama's arm to get her attention. Sarah had to tell her two or three times not to do it. Ouch!

But back to the goodness from today. Good day at work, got some furniture moved, Sarah took the girls to the Downtown Auburn Trick-or-Treating event all dressed up (picture to come), we had a nice dinner out, the girls fell asleep easily, and Sarah and I got prepared for the party tomorrow.

Speaking of the party, I hope to get some before pictures of at least the Halloween-themed food and games we prepared. I think our jello cups with skeletons are really neat. Not to mention the delicious dirt cake. And for the adults, we have some pumpkin beer with cinnamon, sugar, and a shot of schnapps. Sarah has also tested out some fun games, and I made Boo Bubble bottles for the kids. It should be so much fun! And I haven't even talked about my plans for this year's jack o'lanterns.

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous