Thursday, April 1, 2010

Was in Davis and ran into someone I haven't seen since 1987! Maybe even longer.

I went into Bizarro World on E St. in Davis today. I was in town for a business lunch and had a little time to kill. I had this strange feeling that I might know who owned the place, and I was right. Dan Urazandi was at the counter. I knew Dan from when I lived in Davis back in the 80's. I really only knew him because my best friend at the time had an older brother who was friends with Dan. This older brother and Dan babysat me a few times, and I think I broke the joystick for his Atari 2600. I clearly remember playing a game (I think it was Defender) at Dan's house and I was really torquing the joystick back and forth. He told me not to do it, but I was so "into" the game that I think I broke it later that day.

Anyway, talk about a blast from the past. Really cool, but also sort of surreal.

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous