Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A day in my life

6:30-11:00 - Work (my regular job)
11:00-12:00 - Pickup meds for Mom from pharmacy. Check on Mom. Arrange for wheelchair and pick it up. Go back to my home.
12:00-1:00 - Work and watch girls.
1:00 - Call from Mom that she is not doing well and needs some help. Call her doctor to get her in ASAP. Call attorney to cancel appointment. Pickup Mom and get her to doctor.
1:30-3:30 - Wait with Mom at doctor to make sure she gets feeling better. Take Mom to store for some groceries. Just the essentials: Vitamin Water, Coffee ice cream, and mouth wash. Take Mom to check on her cats and feed them. Get her settled back at home.
3:30-5:00 - Go to appraiser to get the finalized property documents for Mom and her brother. Call lawyer to find out about making a house call. Drop off additional documents with paralegal.
6:00-9:00 - Back home with my family (finally) and happy to be home. I don't spend enough time with them now. Even though it is dinner time, the girls are wanting to play, etc. I am working to catch up on the time I missed today. There is a 30 minute break for dinner, but then back on the laptop.
9:00-10:30 - Girls are in bed and the time I should be spending with Sarah to talk and enjoy some couple time, I am mostly spending on my laptop finishing work. In to bed between 10:30 and 11:00. At least I'm getting decent amounts of sleep.

This is not a-typical of what my days have been like this week. I'm not posting this to make anyone feel bad for me. I am using it as a way to document what is happening because it is all a blur. I know when this is all over, I won't really remember what happened during this part of my life. My uncle Doug told me something wonderful today, though - These moments, while they seem bad and stressful, provide certain golden moments with family. Like today when my mom got so much joy out of drinking the Vitamin Water. That was the best she's sounded in a week.

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous