Friday, October 23, 2009

10 Miles Behind Me

I did it. Today (well, okay, technically yesterday) I ran just over 10 miles. Admittedly, it was around the PHS track (Sneed, I keep forgetting to call you - I will). That's the farthest so far. I am still amazed that given my big fat bod, nothing has broken, nothing has fallen off, nothing has given out on me. I could say a lot more about how great it feels to get over the mental hump of 10 miles, but it's late and I'm tired. Let me just say that it was particularly sweet because Sarah brought the girls and came to join me at the track about two-thirds of the way through. They jogged with me. The girls were so cute - even got a compliment from another runner. It was a great day. Now I need to find a consumable energy source since all my trainings are going to be 2+ hours. I need some Goo or something. Oh, averaged about 12 minute miles, but that is really not a good reference point because at several points I slowed, even stopped to play with the girls, strech, get an extra long drink of water, etc. I think more accurately, it was about 11:30.
 
Finally, I have to say that Darryl better watch out because there are two parachutes and an airplane with our names on them and I am at my skydiving weight - no turning back now!

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous