Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Not such a good thing

So I've been posting to this blog for about six weeks now and basically everything I say is positive. That's great, and it's certainly the case that most events with the twins are positive. But recently, we discovered that Emily is a biter. Yes, that's right, she's using her teeth to get her way. She has bit Ella hard enough to leave marks about 4-6 times. Needless to say, we are not happy. Both Sarah and I have caught her doing it, and we've also stopper her a half-dozen times. Sarah has done some reading on it, and we may call the pediatrician to see what he suggests. For now, we're just staying vigilant and watching Emily as closely as we can.

For me, one of the worst things about it is that I don't feel like I can put Ella and Emily alone together in a small area (like their crib or the playpen), even if just for a few minutes while I make them breakfast or whatever. We are actively reprimanding Emily when we catch her, and I hope this is just a phase, but I'll be sure to update you all.