Thursday, August 2, 2007

Ella is WALKING!!

Oh my gosh, it went quick - from standing on Thursday to walking this weekend. Ella is moving across the room now, and sometimes even comes back to us like a boomerang. :) She's so happy when she does it. And it's so cute, too, because she holds her arms up, bent at the elbow. I guess it's for her balance, but I'm surprised she doesn't hold them more outwards. Actually, as I write this, I think the real reason is to protect herself when she falls forward. She hold her arms up, bent at the elbow with her little hands in front of her, somewhere around chest/neck level. She smiles, laughs, and giggles the whole time. We have it on video. :)

For the past few days, Emily has tried standing up and walking. Today was cool because she was holding onto the baby gate at the kitchen, and Ella was walking back and forth between the two gates. My mom was here, and we could see Emily thinking about walking herself. She was holding the bars with one hand, and we could see her loosen her grip, then tighten it again, and repeat that a few times. She finally committed and let go completely, but fell down immediately in a squatting position. We cheered for her, and I bet she'll be walking in a week. We know she can, since she was doing some walking last month.