Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Some Quick Updates

Below is Emily in her Star Wars "Jawa" costume. To me, she looks more like a Twi'lek with a hat. :)
Okay everyone, I'm getting back on track for the blog updates, so expect to see my usual 3 updates a week.

Three days ago, we noticed that Emily has started crossing her legs when she sits. Like yesterday she was on the couch and Sarah gave her a snack. She had her back against the back of the couch and her legs stretched out in front of her, then she crossed her legs at the ankles. Very cute!

Ella is our future rocket scientist, already using the calculator!
I can't remember if I've said this already, but one of Ella's favorite sounds is similar to the word "baboon." She just drops the double "o." It sounds like babn, which is close enough to baboon. I don't think Sarah or I ever said the word baboon to her before she started making this sound, but a couple days ago there was an animal in a video game I was playing that sort of looked like a baboon, so we pointed it out to Ella and said "baboon." She made her sound, and I thought it was funny. I don't know where she picked up the sound. It's interesting because I hear other parents say their children make sounds for certain common objects. If our girls have sounds for things, like blanket, or chair, or toy, I haven't noticed. I'll have to ask Sarah.

In the past week, the girls have developed a game they both love. In this game, they try to take the cap off anything, and then put it back on, and take it back off, over and over. This seems to entertain them endlessly. I drink a lot of water, and usually drink it from a bottle. The little 16.9 oz clear plastic bottles you get from the grocery store, or Costco, or wherever. They love to take the cap in one hand and either they want us to hold the bottle, or they will hold it in their other hand. I think it's great hand-eye coordination. The only thing that stops them is if the other one tries to take it, or we stop them. There is one problem with the water bottle caps - they are just the right size for the girls to fit in their mouth and could choke them. SO, we're going to have to find bottles with bigger caps, like Snapple or something. :)

That's it for today.