Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Mind at Work

Quick update. This morning, Ella and I were in the front room (Emily was still asleep). Ella wanted to play with my slipper, so I took it off my right foot. She eventually slid it over to the front entryway. After a while, she came back and was looking at my bare foot. I started motioning to my bare foot, then to my left foot, which still had the slipper on it. I said, "slipper." After repeating that a few times, I pointed to the other slipper across the room and said, "Where's my slipper?" Finally, I asked her to get my slipper. I think I only had to say it once, maybe twice. She turned around, crawled directly to the slipper, and brought it right back to me and then handed it to me. Oh, man, that was so cool! I'm sure they've been able to put meaning to words for a long time, in fact I know it because of the sign language. But this is the first time that I've seen either of them pick up on something so quickly and act on a command. It's like I was watching her mind working. Love it!!

Now here's a random picture of the twins:

Ella fell asleep in her highchair after having dinner on on June 4th.