Saturday, April 9, 2011

What a glorious day! And productive, too.

Yesterday, I had only vague ideas about what I wanted to do today. At dinner, Sarah suggested we head over to Covey Ranch for a while and work on the place. I was a little dubious - not sure exactly what we were going to do. I also wanted to go by the Farmer's Market, mow the lawns, wash car, and a couple other things. I wasn't sure we'd fit it it all in. You know what they say about best laid plans...

Well, enter this morning. We took Emily to the doctor - she has "walking pneumonia" (sounds worse than it is) - went to Farmer's Market (bought some wonderful strawberries, lemon & rosemary bread, and some mandarin jam), went to the pharmacy for antibiotics, home to get the dogs and picnic supplies, over to Covey Ranch (spent 4 hours cleaning the carport and breezeway), back home where the girls helped me wash Mama's Pilot and my Mustang, and had a delicious dinner. We got everything accomplished that we set out to do (except mowing the lawn), plus we got laundry and dishes done.

Geez, what a wonderful day. Sarah and I worked great together, the sky was blue, the girls were in such a good mood - I really could not have asked for a better day!

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous