Saturday, November 14, 2009

Half Marathon Unofficial Time: 2h18m

I didn't stick around to get my official time, but I'm sure that will be posted online. However, my stopwatch shows that I did it in just over 2 hours and 18 minutes, which is a personal best. I think I averaged 10.5 mins/mile. It wasn't as fun as when I ran the Four Bridges Relay because that was with friends. However, the accomplishment feels much greater, and having Sarah and the girls, Sherri, my mom, dad, and Roberta all there was great. What was even better was that Sarah, Sherri, my mom and the girls all got up early to watch me along the course. It was such a nice surprise and despite the fact that I didn't actually SEE Sarah or the girls, it gave me the extra push to finish strong at the end.
 
Looking forward to the CIM relay in 3 weeks. That will be a breeze at only 5.7 miles, but I definitely want to improve my speed. I am going to shoot for 9:50 or less per mile.

Posted via email from papatriplej's posterous