Thursday, February 28, 2008

Toddler Talk

Okay, so Sarah really encouraged me to post this, so you'll need to thank her. The twins are starting to make sentences. I think they max out at three words, but it's very exciting!

Last Monday, something miraculous happened. Ella and Emily were sitting on the couch next to Sarah. I was in my favorite chair. The twins were drawing in their little notepads. Ella asked Sarah to draw in her notepad by saying "Mama" and pointing to her pad. Then Emily started drawing in Ella's notepad, too, but then stopped. Next thing we heard was Ella asking Emily to ,"Draw here please" or "Emily, draw please" and then she would tap the page in her notepad.

Yesterday, Ella and Emily were rocking in my blue Lay-Z-Boy recliner. Emily got up and went around to the back of the recliner to play. Next thing Sarah heard was Ella patting the empty spot on the chair next to her and saying, "Emily, sit please." Oh, I was so bummed I missed it, but it was wonderful to hear Sarah describe it.

Emily is close behind her, too. We think she almost put three words together today, so it should happen any day now.